Remembering weddings, births, graduations and vacations is great.
But what about divorces, deaths and horrific traffic accidents?
Who wants to remember those events?
Fortunately, Facebook has a preference page to allow users to filter friends and dates from showing up in On This Day.
Here's how to set your preferences:
1. Go to http://www.facebook.com/onthisday/
2. Click the "Preference" icon in the top right.
3. Click "Edit" on either one of the filters, People or Dates to create filters to prevent memories from being shown.
4. When finished, click "Done"
And that's it. Memories from the friends you've added to the People filter or dates you've added to the Dates filter will not be shown in On This Day.
While you are on the On This Day page, you can also set Notifications to either "All Memories" or "Off".
- How to Download Your Facebook Data
- Protect Your Privacy by Remotely Logging Out of Facebook
- Beware of Duplicate Facebook Friend Requests
- Prioritize Your Facebook News Feed
- How to Delete Your Facebook Search History