We've told you how the Waze app can help you navigate your next drive by avoiding congestion, police and road hazards.
But it's also a great way to find the best gas prices too.
You can find the closest stations to you as well as brands and current prices.
Here's how to do it. On the Android and iOS mobile apps:
- Tap the Waze Menu icon in the lower left-hand corner.
- Tap Navigate
- Tap on Gas
- View nearby gas stations and prices. You'll see the gas brand names and current prices as well as the distance to the station.
- Tap Go to navigate to the gas station.
So how does Waze know the prices? Through the power of Wazers.
You can report gas prices whenever you are near a station.
To report gas prices, you'll need to be physically within .3 of a mile of the station and have at least Baby Waze status.
- Tap the Report icon.
- Tap on Gas Prices
- Tap the gas station you are updating
- Tap the current prices and then enter the updated price.
- Tap Send
And that's it. Your update helps other Wazers make better buying decisions.
- Waze is Your "Must Have" Driving App
- Waze Knows Where You Are Going
- Use the New Low Power Mode in iOS 9 to Extend Your iPhone Battery Life
- Siri, What Flights are Overhead?
- Try These Top 5 Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts