The Task Manager app is the best tool to exit a non-responding program. The Task Manager displays programs, processes and services that are currently running on your computer. You can use Task Manager to check your PC's performance too. And...close down an application that has frozen.
We've all usually opened the Task Manager by using the ALT-CTRL+DELETE (the three finger Windows salute!) to get to the security screen and then choosing the Task Manager option.
There is a much faster way.
Press and hold CTRL + SHIFT + ESC
That will launch the Task Manager.
How to Close an Application that is Not Responding
And what about that pesky frozen application? Click on the desired application (status should say "Not Responding") on the Processes tab, right mouse-click and then select "End Task".
- Minimize Windows on the Desktop with Shake
- Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Now Lets You Capture Pop Up Menus with Delay Action
- Try These Top 5 Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Invoke GodMode in Windows 10
- How Do I Get Windows 10 for Free?