By default, Edge uses the Microsoft-owned Bing.com search engine.
But what if you want to use another engine like DuckDuckGo or Google?
Fear not. You can change the default.
Here's how to do it.
1. Open Edge and visit the search engine you'd like to set as the default.
2. Click the ... icon in the upper right-hand corner of Edge
3. Select Settings
4. Select Advanced Settings
5. Scroll to Search in the address bar with
6. Press and hold the drop-down menu.
7. If your preferred search engine is shown, select it. If not, click <Add new> and choose from the list and set as "default". Click in the main browser window to close the settings box.
That's it. When you enter a search in Edge's search box, your new search engine will be used. This search engine change only affects the Edge browser. If you search Cortana, Bing is the only option.
Learn more cool tips about Windows 10 HERE.
- Minimize Windows on the Desktop with Shake
- Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Now Lets You Capture Pop Up Menus with Delay Action
- Try These Top 5 Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Invoke GodMode in Windows 10
- How Do I Get Windows 10 for Free?