Losing track of a smart phone or tablet can be very annoying. For many, smart phones are now almost an extension of our self. Our phones are never more than a few feet, or even inches, away from us at any point during the day.
Every now and then disaster strikes and we misplace our phones.
If this happens to you, don't panic.
Both Apple iPhones and Google Android make it easy to locate a lost phone.
Today's Cool Tip will show how to locate an iPhone. We'll cover Android in a coming Cool Tip.
Before you lose your iPhone!!! - Enable iPhone for "Find My iPhone"
- On your iPhone or iPad device's Home screen, tap Settings, then tap iCloud. If needed, sign in to your iCloud account with your Apple ID.
- Scroll down and ensure that "Find My iPhone" (or "Find My iPad") is turned on. If not, tap "Find My iPhone", and then tap to turn it on.
- Tap to turn on Send Last Location. This feature will send your device's last location if battery power becomes too low.
Locate an iPhone or iPad
You can use the "Find My iPhone" app or log in to www.icloud.com/find to locate your device.
- Open the "Find My iPhone" app or log in to iCloud and select a device to view its location on a map.
- You can choose to have the device "Play a Sound" if it is close where you can hear it.
- Turn on "Lost Mode". This will let you lock the device and display a custom message on your phone. Also, your stored credit card information will not be usable on your iPhone while your device is in "lost mode".
- You can also "Erase iPhone" if you need to clear all of the data on the phone.
That's it! Rest in peace knowing that if your phone is lost, there's a good chance you'll know where to find it.
One Cool Tip.com
Daily Tips for a Cooler Life!
#lost #FindMyiPhone #iPhone #iPad