Livestreaming allows users to start live video broadcasts from withing the Facebook mobile app.
The feature competes with Twitter's Periscope app.
Facebook Live already had been available to US iOS users.
To use the new feature on the iOS or Android mobile app, be sure to have the latest version of the Facebook app. Then tap the status update icon and then tap the Live Video icon.
Lights! Camera! Action! You'll broadcast live to your Facebook connections.
- Facebook's New Live Video Streaming Takes on Periscope
- Facebook Launches Sports Stadium for Real Time Game Updates
- Facebook Introduces Trending News to Keep You Logged In
- How to Stop Facebook Videos from Automatically Playing to Save Data
- How to Download Your Facebook Data
- Beware of Duplicate Facebook Friend Requests
- How to Delete Your Facebook Search History