Apple has announced that it is ending support for the software. While the software will continue to work, it is vulnerable to malicious exploitation by hackers.
Apple has detailed instructions HERE on how to remove QuickTime.
QuickTime was Apple's proprietary multimedia software and they aggressively promoted its use for years. Often, it was a required download with other Apple software such as iTunes software.
So you may have it installed and not even know it.
It's a quick thing to do on my Windows machines.
Uninstall at your first opportunity.
Your PC will thank you.
- Is Your Anti-Virus Software Up-to-Date?
- Where's My Laptop? Be Prepared Before Your PC is Lost or Stolen
- Invoke God Mode in Windows 10
- How To Turn Off or On Emergency Alerts on Your Phone
- Try These Two Gmail Address Hacks
#Apple #QuickTime #hacker #security #Windows #Microsoft
Edit: added additional information concerning QuickTime.